Clarifying the notion of validation and providing insight about validations tools and their roles within the validations process
This paper clarifies the notion of validation and provides some insight into validation tools and their roles within the validation process. The authors describe more specifically:
- motivations behind a model validation;
- validation within the model lifecycle;
- examples of validation tools;
- links between validation tools and independent review;
- lessons learned from practical experience.
Published on: February 24, 2015
Risk Dynamics has unparalleled experience in model risk management and independent validation. We have supported financial institutions of all sizes, worldwide, since 2004.
Our focus and dedication to model risk and validation services, our independence and benchmarks, combined with our ability to provide unbiased views across regions and regulatory regimes, is unique in the market.